Our fees cover the work required to complete the sale of your property.
Our fees range from £500.00 plus VAT and £2,500.00 plus VAT dependent upon the complexity of your transaction. Amrit Bhogal or Sunny Bains of our Property team will be able to take full details of your matter and provide an accurate quote.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the cost of obtaining Land Registry documents. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. An estimate of the cost of typical disbursements incurred in respect of a freehold property sale are:
Anti-Money Laundering and ID check: £12.00 per person For land registry copies of the title: £3.00
For leasehold properties there are other typical disbursements as shown below which may be payable to the freeholder or management company on completion, the cost of which shall only be known once the transaction is underway:
Freeholder Information Pack: £150.00 – £450.00 Management Company Information Pack: £150.00 – £450.00
How long will my house purchase take?
How long it will take for your property to be sold will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6-8 weeks but can be quicker or slower, depending on the complexity of your sale and the parties in the chain. A sale of a leasehold property may take longer than a straightforward freehold sale.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below is an indication of key stages in a typical sale transaction:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Draft and issue contract documents
- Deal with enquiries raised by the buyer’s solicitor
- Obtain a settlement figure in respect of any mortgages secured against the property
- Attendance with you to sign or sending final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you will transfer the property to the buyer)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Complete sale and redeem any mortgages secured against the property