Our dedicated team of conveyancing solicitors in Birmingham are here to assist you. We will take full details of your matter and provide an accurate quote based on the work required to complete the sale of your property.
Our fees start from £500.00 plus VAT and are dependent on the complexity of your transaction.
What are disbursements?
Disbursements are costs related to your matter payable to third parties (e.g. Land Registry fees).
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
An estimate of the cost of typical disbursements incurred in respect of a freehold property sale are:
and ID check:
£12.00 per person Land Registry copies
of the title:
Buying a leasehold property? There are other typical disbursements which may be payable to the freeholder or management company on completion of the transaction. The cost of these disbursements are known once the transaction is underway.
Freeholder Information Pack: £150.00 – £450.00 Management Company
£150.00 – £450.00
How long will my house sale take?
The average process takes between 6-8 weeks. How long it will take for your property to be sold will depend on several factors, including the complexity of your sale and the parties involved in the chain.
The sale of a leasehold property or an extension of lease may take longer than a straightforward freehold property sale.
What are the stages of selling a residential property?
It’s important to remember the precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property may vary according to the circumstances. Below is an indication of the key stages in a typical sale transaction:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Draft and issue contract documents
- Deal with enquiries raised by the buyer’s solicitor
- Obtain a settlement figure in respect of any mortgages secured against the property
- Attendance with you to sign or sending final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you will transfer the property to the buyer)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Complete sale and redeem any mortgages secured against the property
Get in touch, for more information on how we can help you
Amrit provided an outstanding service. I was comfortable in his hands and will certainly be using him again.