Mortgage / Remortgage costs
Our fees start from £450.00 plus VAT and are dependent on the complexity of your transaction.
Want to find out more? Our dedicated team of conveyancing solicitors in Birmingham is here to assist you.
We take full details of your matter and provide you with an accurate quote.
What are disbursements?
Disbursements are costs related to your matter payable to third parties (e.g. Land Registry fees).
We handle the payment of disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
An estimate of the cost of typical disbursements incurred in respect of a freehold property remortgage are:
and ID check:
£12.00 per person Search fees: £50.00 to £400.00 Bankruptcy search: £2.00 per name HM Land Registry official search: £3.00 per title and search HM Land Registry fee: £20.00 to £250.00
How long will my mortgage/remortgage take?
The average process takes between 4-8 weeks. How long it will take until completion of your mortgage/remortgage will depend on several factors.
Please be aware the mortgage/remortgage of a leasehold property may take longer, as it requires us to obtain the relevant and necessary information packs from the management company and freeholder.
What are the stages of buying a residential property?
It’s important to remember the precise stages involved in the mortgage or remortgage of a residential property may vary according to the circumstances. Below is an indication of the key stages in a typical mortgage/remortgage transaction:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Order Land Registry title documentation
- Carry out searches (if required by your lender)
- Obtain a settlement figure in respect of any mortgages secured against the property
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Attendance with you to sign or sending the mortgage deed to you for signature
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete re-mortgage and redeem any mortgages secured against the property
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax (if required)
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Get in touch, for more information on how we can help you
We would like to thank you for your great support during the process of our purchase. We felt that you were very approachable and available during the long process. We are very grateful for your professional help and assistance.