Broadly our areas of expertise fall in the Chancery and Commercial Courts.
The department specialises in providing a bespoke service to an expanding client base which consists largely of professionals and SMEs. The aim is to get to the point quickly in order to put the clients in the best position of strength.
Rubric Lois King’s litigation department, since the inception of the practice, has earned a reputation among its clients for attention to detail, technical and commercial awareness and, importantly, achieving success.
The department’s focus is firmly placed on building, both with clients and a strong network of accompanying professionals including barristers and accountants, a team based approach to litigation in order to provide an effective and efficient service.
Although the department is able to deal with a wide range of litigation matters, its main areas of work are as follows:
Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Contractual issues including claims made under personal guarantees
- Professional negligence
- Disputes between co-owners of land
- Claims by banks for possession of properties
- Company and partnership
- Commercial insurance
- Freezing and Search Orders
- High value personal disputes
- Applications to set aside statutory demands and winding up petitions
- Bringing/defending claims made by insolvency practitioners on behalf of companies in administration and liquidation
- General advisory work in relation to re-structuring of business interests
If you are not sure whether your dispute falls within our areas please contact us.