RLK SOLICITORS LIMITED COMPLAINTS POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When you are unhappy with the service provided, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedures
If you have a complaint, contact the firm, by telephone, letter or email at the address given on the covering letter, with details of your complaint. If we have to change any of the time scales given before we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within five working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within five working days of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps; (a) We will pass your complaint to a Director within three working days after our first response. (b) The Director will then examine the information in your complaint file and, if necessary, speak to you. This will be done within 10 working days from the date the matter was first handed to the Director.
- Where required, the Director will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- Within 5 working days of the meeting, the Director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Director will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. The Director will do this within 5 working days of completing the investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways; (a) Another Director of the firm will review the decision. (b) We may ask the Legal Ombudsman to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take. (c) We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 working days of the end of the review. At this time, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
- We expect to have resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of your initial complaint being received by us. However, if the person dealing with your complaint is unavailable for any reason we shall inform you of revised timescales identified above.